Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: add events to cues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I don't know how feasible this would be, but it would be extremely useful.

Would it be possible to add events to cues? Just like having VDJ automatically perform a keyboard shortcut at exactly the right time. It would be great for making remixes or editing songs. That way instead of recording it several times before you get it *just right* you can just set up cues for all your actions and have VDJ do it perfectly. I don't think this would be too hard to impliment.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 7:37 pm
also you can send DMX signals then, so for each song you can have specified lightshow :-)
but this will be nicer probably with separate lightcues maybe on separate progress bar

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 9:07 pm
Yeah, wouldn't it be great? And I don't imagine it would be too hard, because there is already the ability to do almost anything with keyboard shortcuts.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 11:35 pm
Lopez453:
This idea was posted some time ago, see here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/6171/New_features/Lighting_controller.html

You could use the same wave window, but give the "light points" just another color as the cue points. I would have liked that implementation better, over the current implementation.

At this moment you only have limited options. When you could connect to eg Sunlite or light jockey, you could let a LJ do a manual light show. If you have set "light points" the light jock could choose to use these instead.
Ewout

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 10:51 pm

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 3:53 am
Sorry I didn't see that before. It's a great idea though, and probably not difficult to implement. Hopefully enough people will like this idea that the team will take notice.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 3:57 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I VOTE FOR!!! big time!!! I want it I want it I want it!!!

I think of all precedent requests, this one has the most explicit/generic title and references the two other ones, so I vote for it here :)

Main reasons why I'd like this feature:
- add a "skip n beats" event to a cue point right before a cheesy break
- add a "loop n beats" even to a cue point towards the end of shorter tracks

Of course, there should also be "enable_cue_events" and "disable_cue_events" actions so that you could turn the feature on/off at the touch of a button.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 11:20 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
of course, those "actions on cue" should be saved to the VirtualDJ database.xml file along with the cue info for each track [ Cue Num="0" Name="Cue 1" Pos="22624" action="skip_beat" value="32"]

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 11:52 am
I vote for ;)

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 12:11 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One more.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:21 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
+1 It's a very good idea.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 1:47 pm
one more!!

Really good idea!

Body-Blown

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 12:35 pm
In combination with the following request, also the colored "Cue" points are solved:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1878/New_features/Cue_points_in_different_colors.html

For lighting actions could be inserted like:
[Cue Num="0" Name="Start Red Beams" Color="Blue" Pos="22624" action="Sunlite Load Cue" value="Red beams moving in circles"]

to send a message to your Sunlite PC (by tcp/ip netwoking?) to load the Cue with the name "Red beams moving in circles". Color in the wave display in VDJ = Blue

Other actions could be "Load Sequence" and "Load Show". Sunlite could be replaced by something like MLJ (Martin light jockey) Or ISC for Innovative show controls (http://www.innovateshowcontrols.com). Last one has a developers Api to control the light software from other software already.

Ewout

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 3:13 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Good Superstorm!,

I whish I could prove it...

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 12:12 am
acw_dj,
I don't understand what you mean.
Ewout

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 8:28 pm
I would also like to see VDJ tied in with X1 Control Software with the possibilitie to attach a light show to a song using the API.

Ross.

Posted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 11:03 pm
Don't forget, we're not just talking about light show events here. I'm talking about anything you can do with a keyboard shortcut.

Posted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 11:35 pm
"ACTION on cue" seems like a VERY good idea ;)

There are MANY possibilities to that it seems :) cool

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 1:37 am
Yes yes yes! And I really think the dev team can easily add it into the next version of VDJ. I really want this, who else does?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 1:40 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm going to start a plugin for this as i have just finished the djcmapper v2.0

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 6:08 pm
61%